Saturday, April 21, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday ~ April 22

It's time again for Six Sentence Sunday! I've been away for a couple months, and I have to say, it's good to be back, joining all the authors who share weekly snippets of their work. My six will pick up right where I left off in Surrender to Sanctuary, with FBI Agents David and Anna discovering their mutual attraction.

    Fire surged through Anna's chest, to her fingers and toes, low into her belly. She heard herself whimper right before the room started to spin, right before her legs lost their strength, and she tore her mouth from his to catch a breath, catch her wits. He stiffened, muttering a curse, and stepped back to tug her shirt down.

    They stared at each other like prizefighters in the ring, their breathing labored, each trying to anticipate the other's move.

    "Well," he finally said, "I believe I proved my point."

    And it was only after he said good-bye, after admonishing her to get a good night's sleep, that she realized she hadn't even tried to stop him.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my six. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you have a chance to read all of the other wonderful authors at Six Sentence Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Great six! I love how unexpected their reactions seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description of the kiss' affect on her and then the moment of reckoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You engaged me with every sentence. Wonderful descriptive writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to say, Alix. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete